The most important thing to remember is this: to be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become. – W. E. B. Du Bois
Bungee jumping is one of the most feared activities out there. Most people dare not even try it. The mere thought of leaping into an abyss of air, without anything to hold on to, sends sweat to the hands and feet of most people. It brings about a fear of not knowing if things will go wrong when you are already in the air, falling. This reflects how life is for people – often surrounded by uncertainty, of things going wrong beyond their control.
Anyone can take a leap of certainty, but it takes much more courage to take a leap of faith. We may surround ourselves with things that are safe and comfortable to deal with everyday. We want predictable outcomes, guaranteed successes. But what give us true fulfillment? Probably not when we finish yet another mundane task and check it off from the list. It’s when we decide to step out of our comfort zone. It’s when we are courageous beyond what we could have imagined. It’s when we take a leap of faith to follow our desires, our passion and our callings.
We must leave the dead weights behind beofre we can jump. Leave the negativities, the fears and the doubts behind. Drop the should’s and have-to’s. Most importantly, let go of the outcome. The leap is for ourselves, not for anybody else. It may or may not turn out to be exactly as we hoped, while the leap alone makes the entire journey worthwhile.
Clients come to coaching often because they want something more, something less, or something different. They may not realize what they need is not a cosmetic remodeling, it is an extreme makeover home edition! They may have at one point dreamt of something grand for themselves, believing in the possibilities that life has to offer but have lost their zeal as they have settled for something faintly resembling the dreams they once had. A coach’s job is to paint the picture, hold the vision, display the confidence and invite the client to step into their own greatness, to follow their desires, their passion, their callings, to go after what they really want in life, to make that leap.
As coaches, we help clients:
- Realize their innate power to be the best person they can become. We serve as encouragers so that our clients would have the mettle to seek for higher and more fulfilling things in their lives.
- Embark on setting goals that will uncover their potential as human beings. Coaches assist clients enter an introspective mindset and discern the new life direction they want to take.
- Become empowered to undergo conscious transformation, with mentoring and constant feedback sessions.
- What do you really, really want?
- What are you willing to do to pursue your dreams?
- What is stopping you?
- What’s the leap that’s necessary here?
- Are you taking a leap of faith?